Hard core camping girls, this one’s for you. Short hair, long hair, straight or curly hair and every other hair type in between. We show you how to get salon fresh hairstyles in the comfort of your own tent with 3 super easy festival-fun hairstyles.
Space buns are super easy, super cute and super versatile. They’re defiantly a favourite at any festival. Perfect for all hair types, this look has you covered… in glitter literally! Here's how to create Space Buns:
- Start by parting your hair straight down the middle.
- Gather one side of your hair and tie off in to a pony tail at the top of your head.
- Repeat on the other side. You should now look like your about to pick up some pom poms.
- Grab a pony tail and twist. Backcomb a little if you’re after a little super volume.
- Wrap your twisted pony tail around the hair tie until you’ve formed a bun. If you have thin hair, secure with a bobby pin. For a strong hold wrap a hair tie around the bun.
- Repeat on the other side, then spray with PPS Original Lacquer.
- Add glitter, sparkles or any other accessories you like.
And you’re done. Easy as that! Here’s a few of our favourite Space buns!
The Dutch raid is a little trickier, but if you can French braid then you can Dutch braid. You just may need to practice a few times before heading to Splendour. Here's how to create Dutch braids:
- Instead of braiding hair over each other like a French braid, braid the hair under each other instead.
- Once you’ve finished braiding secure with hair ties and spray with PPS Original Lacquer.
- Pull pieces of hair from the braids for a messy look or keep them tight for a sportier look.
- Add glitter and accessorise to your heart’s content.
Here’s a helpful diagram to help with your Dutch braiding, and some of our favourites…
The boho has been seen on the likes of babes such as Vanessa Hudgens, Pia Muehlenbeck and Gabby Epstein, and it's super easy to replicate. Here’s some boho inspiration but with this one go as far as your imagination will take you.
TOP TIP: There are no power points in tents, so the best way to get waves is to spray you hair with AG Hair Texture Sea Spray and sleep in your braids.
Braids, buns and AG Hair Tousled Texture spray are all you need to recreate the boho look. So easy we don’t even need to give to you a step by step guide!
Find more festival hairstyle inspiration on our Festival Hair Pinterest board.
Images via Pinterest.