Past icons rocked it, current beauties are nailing it. Knowing the value of a well-placed hair accessory is key, and it doesn’t have to cost a fortune. What if we told you that you could wear a trend loved by the likes of Bella Hadid, J-Lo, Hailey Bieber or for the Real Housewives fans out there, a Dorit Kempsley look without a stylist or breaking the bank? You would say “tell him he’s dreamin” right? Keep reading and we will let you know the quickest, easiest and affordable way to achieve this major trend.
This easy to achieve (and easy to love) style was revived by fashion icon, Prada in her SS19 runway show. And well, when she says a look is on trend, we believe her!
There is a lot to love about the cult staple that is the humble headband. It has been around since the 60’s, returned in the 90’s and has been a breath of fresh air in 2020.
Here are a few tips and tricks to perfect the look:
- Take a small amount of Davroe Dry Shampoo and rub it between your hands until it forms a foamy consistency, then massage into the roots and crown of your head – or anywhere you might typically get oily.
- Use the Helios Nozzle Comb to work the product in for volume. This will freshen your hair up and work the product together to add lift.
- Comb or brush your hair back to eliminate your part, then tease it back to avoid the hair separating.
- Last step! Slide the cotton headband on. Ears in, or out – it’s your call beauty! Pull a little bit of hair our from each side of your head to relax your look and you are ready to go.
- If you tried this look out and loved it as much as we do, tag us in your selfie so we can give it some love at #priceattackhair
Head in-store to find a range of colours in Price Attack cotton headbands. Spring is just around the corner and while black and white will always be in-style, why not try a vivid colour to brighten up your look? Visit your local store to stock up on the headband today. One thing is for sure, the headband is here to stay.
Images sourced via the following links and pages:
Dorit Kempsley: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/514395588692704796/?nic_v2=1a1NUVQKe
Bella Hadid 1: https://www.vogue.com/article/bella-hadid-vacation-beauty-white-headband-miami-art-basel
Bella Hadid 2: https://www.vogue.com/article/bella-hadid-hair-bob-black-headband-polka-dot-dress-brigitte-bardot
Aimee Song: https://www.elitedaily.com/p/the-black-elastic-headband-trend-is-backed-by-your-fave-celebs-it-costs-less-than-5-16816256
Brigitte Bardot 1: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/451345193883059108/
Brigitte Bardot 2: https://www.vintagehairstyling.com/bobbypinblog/2013/12/vintage-christmas-hair-accessories-3-brigitte-bardot-headband-hairstyle.html
Vintage Chanel shot: https://www.sammyninos.com/str/product/chanel-05251-3/
Vanessa Hudgens: https://www.spotern.com/en/spot/instagram/vanessahudgens/332148/black-headband-worn-by-vanes-sa-hud-gens-on-her-instagram-account-atvanes-sahud-gens
Ursula Andress: https://za.pinterest.com/pin/258605203580392508/?nic_v2=1a1NUVQKe
Pink brush stroke image: https://www.rawpixel.com/image/552741/pink-brush-stroke-background